Monday, April 12, 2010

Honoring the Flow of a Wonderful Life

We had an amazing celebration of life on Thursday with a lunch at the beautiful La Casa de Maria in Montecito. Margie gave her children each an assignment: Ceci had a compiled love letter from the 3 of us, Anabel gave a story of her life so far, and Steve had the photo retrospective ... we had time to have people give their views and feelings. Some wrote something to give Margie. These we read to her on Friday and Saturday and have pasted them into a guest book. Margie gave everyone her book A Quintet in Asia Minor, finished last year, and printed last month.

The day was fabulous. Some 90 plus of all her near and dear friends and family were there. Her walker friends, her girl friends of the symphony, her young associates from all her enterprises, her children’s friends from life with her, friends from Wrightwood. Her sister and cousins of her generation were there too -- wonderful. The presentations in the sanctuary were poignant, the symbol of the rose gratifying, and Margie’s force and presence appreciated by all.

At lunch, more sharing of Margie impressions along with music and a Ukulele Serenade of “Margie” by John and Robert of Grupo Chucumite that evoked the 1920s. Steve’s photo retrospective played in the lounge and after lunch there for dessert Margie held court. Exhausted but happy, she left for her home at Vista del Monte.

Margie’s celebration of the flow of life was quite a day and since she every day is changed. We have been overwhelmed by the dimensions of our lives with Margie and know you all are nurturing your memories of her too.

MARJORIE GREETING FAMILY, LOVED ONES AND FRIENDS, NEW AND OLD
(forgive the bad video artist -- a better video is in the mix, but this is what we have right now):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello darling family of mine, Victor sent me this today and as he requested, here it is.
I love you all, El

Hey Ma, I wrote a letter for aunt margie, I want you to read it and tell me if it´s appropriate and if so could you e mail it to her blog, because you need a google acount and I know you have one
love you
V

Dear Aunt Margie:
I am incredibly saddened and heart broken by the news of your deteriorating health. I consider myself very lucky to have the pleasure of knowing and loving you.
I´m sure you’re tired of hearing bad things, so I think you will be happy to hear all the good things that are happening in my life.

Right now I´m in my second and last semester studying abroad in Salamanca Spain, I am having the time of my life! I am meeting people from all over the world, I am studying in like the third or fifth oldest university in Europe (what’s cool aboutthat is that I am studying were people like Hernan Cortez, Miguel de Cervantes studied 500 years ago), I am traveling all over Spain and Portugal. I went skiing in February to a place called Saint Lary France, it was very fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
School finishes at the end of May, so I am planning to travel all over Eastern Europe with a friend so I am extremely excited about that, after that I am going back to Mexico (which is probably the best part of this year, because I do miss my family and friends), after that we are going to San Diego to visit and spend time with Bom, and after that I go back to college in Puebla.
This has been a very good year for me, I’ve traveled, I’ve met lots of interesting and good people, studied in an incredible city, and I’ve gotten to know parts of me that I didn’t know existed or that I could do.
I want to tell you that you are the best great aunt any one has ever had, the memories I have are all good and I think the best part about you is your laugh, it always make me laugh. Thank you for everything that you have done for me.
I love you very much
Victor Aceves.